Sometimes approx 99% of your customers use a specific method when they purchase something. This is often the case for European shops serving just one country. By default, Magento allows customers to get a quote estimate for shipping costs in the cart page. The customer has to set it’s country and select the appropriate method in order to get a correct shipping price every time the customer wants to purchase. In the scenario I mentioned earlier, it could be best to just set the country / State and shipping method by default. This way the customer will always get a price including shipping costs. Never again will they be surprised by a higher then expected price at the end of the checkout process!
For doing this, Evince Default ship extension that allows to catches Magento’s sales quote before totals and set a shipping method if none is set. This shipping method and price for that can be configurable from back-end at extension setting. By this, when a customer visits your site and start shopping, then all prices will be shown including shipping costs.
- Set default shipping method for all the products
- All prices will be shown in cart including shipping cost
- Country / State can be selected from extension setting that are set to be default
- Different Shipping methods are available to be set from extension
- Easy to install
- 100% open source
- Support Magento 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 Magento Versions